More and more people are interested in the natural healing properties of CBD (cannabidiol). It is now quite widely accepted that this oil helps humans, but what about our pets? It is actually a known fact that there are also numerous benefits of CBD oil for dogs. So many, in fact, that you are likely to consider it as a remedy for your four legged companion’s various ailments.
The Benefits of CBD Oil for Dogs
CBD oil is derived from hemp and marijuana, as is THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). THC also has medicinal benefits, but this is the substance that causes a “high”. It is very important, therefore, that you only choose CBD oil for dogs that is completely free of THC. CBD has the strongest medicinal properties of the two and particularly in relation to animal ailments. Some of the benefits you can expect include:
- That your dog will seem much less stressed. Their anxiety and phobia of loud noises may even completely disappear.
- That your dog’s immune system will get significantly stronger, which means they are better equipped to fight off common illnesses.
- That your dog may even be able to fight cancer, as CBD has been scientifically proven to have anti-tumor properties. This is one of the reason why it is also prescribed to humans.
- That you make it far less likely for your dog to experience seizures.
- That your dog’s joints and hips will once again feel better, giving your animal a new lease of life.
- That your dog may find relief of bowel disease if they are suffering from it.
- That it helps to protect your dog’s central nervous system, which is important for their cognitive function as well.
Dogs are more than just animals. They are our trusted companions and our friends. If you have a dog, you are likely to consider them a full member of the family, with the same rights to a happy, healthy life that is free from pain and discomfort. It also means that you should be suspicious about pharmaceutical medications that vets are all too happy to prescribe and not just because of the price. These drugs are often highly unregulated and untested and the dosage can be completely wrong. It is no surprise, really, that so many people choose to trust in something natural instead, particularly when it is supported by scientific evidence to be beneficial.
Your dog can once again be the loving, happy creature it once was. It can, once again, chase a ball and lie by your feet to help keep you warm. CBD oil is a natural remedy that can provide your four legged companion with a new lease of life, ensuring they reach old age in comfort and style. There is nothing harder than seeing your dog decline with age, developing various aches and pains and serious illnesses, particularly because it feels like you have to stand idly by and let it all happen. Thanks to CBD oil, however, that doesn’t have to be the case.